It stands far above the bar for a decent gaming phone, but while the Snapdragon 888 is a high-grade processor, it’s already a year old. The screen is gorgeous, the inclusion of physical shoulder trigger buttons improve your gameplay performance, and the 120W charging keeps you playing with very minimal interruptions. After using the Asus ROG Phone 6 for a limited time, I can confidently say that it is a fantastic device for gamers and mobile power users. Even in 2023, it offers a good mix of performance and user experience. The Black Shark 4 Pro is one of the best budget gaming phones on the market. It scores high in every category you want a gaming phone to hit and does it with a reasonable price tag.
- Prices start from $579/£489, which puts this in a similar price range as the RedMagic 6R.
- The only problem you might face is popping the triggers when you don’t mean to.
- Heating beyond the safe temperatures can kill the processor, and the battery can explode.
- For the camera, it has a 20-megapixels wide selfie snapper, a triple rear camera setup with a 48-megapixels (Sony IMX582 Exmor RS sensor) primary shooter, an 8MP ultrawide, and a 5MP macro lens.
However, the key difference comes where the processor is concerned. While the Black Shark 4 Pro is powered by Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 888 chipset, the standard Black Shark 4 steps down to the Snapdragon 870. This shouldn’t be a big issue, though – the 870 is essentially an overclocked version of last year’s top-of-the-line 865+, and more than holds its own in 2021.
- On the downside, this https://www.slijterijgroningen.nl/reset-your-allwinner-a33-tablet-with-ease-download/ heavy-duty beast of burden will cost you about $1,099.
- I conducted a second test session, but this time using the fan provided by the manufacturer (which is sold separately) that is magnetized to the back via a very artisanal process using stickers.
- The 6.67 inches phone comes with a high resolution AMOLED display (1080 x 2400 px).
Featuring symmetrical dual speakers with a super-large sound chamber, the Black Shark 4 pro offers sensational audio performance. As a result, the sound field is expanded and delivers an immersive spatial stereo experience.
Black Shark’s latest entry, as Gen Z would say, is “built different.” The Black Shark 4 Pro looks and feels more like a traditional smartphone than it does a gaming one. Its once jarring and riveting roots have morphed into a more polished and virtuosic approach. Yet, beneath the waters of that calm façade is a device that is ever so capable of chomping through a sea of competing gaming phones.